What is Tagrix for:
- Non-small cell lung cancer
Tagrix 80mg Tablet is a protein kinase inhibitors used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It is used in the treatment of adult patients who have certain EGFR mutations.
Tagrix 80mg Tablet can be taken with or without food, but try to have it at the same time every day to get the most benefits. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
Diarrhea is very common side effect of this medicine, so drink plenty of fluids. But, you must inform your doctor if it does not stop. You must have to inform your doctor if you experience difficulty in breathing along with fever and cough, or severe peeling of the skin. This medicine may reduce the number of blood cells (decrease white blood cells) in your blood, thereby, increasing the susceptibility to infections. Regular blood tests are required to check your blood cells.
Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy.
Warning & Precautions
Pregnancy & Breast Feeding
- Tagrix 80mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Tagrix 80mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Driving & Using Machines
- Tagrix 80mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
How to Use
- Swallow it as a whole.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, confusion, problems with your eyesight, nausea or vomiting.
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- If you miss a dose of Tagrix 80mg Tablet, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Loss of appetite
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children
- Store at room temperature (15-25°C)
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.