USES OF Velpanat TABLET
- Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
Warning & Precautions
Pregnancy & Breast Feeding
- Velpanat Tablet is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
- Velpanat Tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Driving & Using Machines
- Velpanat Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Velpanat Tablet, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment of hepatitis c infection, may produce dizziness, blurred vision and this may affect your ability to drive.
How to Use
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- You will usually need to take this medicine every day for either 12 or 24 weeks.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them
- Skipping doses increases the risk of treatment failure. Make sure that you take all your doses at the correct time.
- It may cause fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Velpanat Tablet may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable painkiller. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body regularly.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.